COME TO THE DARK SIDE…WE HAVE COOKIES.
What better way to feel right at home, and take you back to your childhood, than a simple CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE!? The perfect treat, that most everyone loves, where can you really go wrong?
I’ll be honest, since moving into my new place, I haven’t been baking as much as I used to…or as much as I’d like to, for that matter. Granted, my diet plan is thankful! (who am I kidding–the word DIET isn’t in my vocabulary)
I am now beginning to realize all the things I took for granted living at home. Things like, having my own well-stocked, bulk pantry…or Grandma right next door to borrow butter from! It’s an adjustment to say the least, but we make the most out of it!
Needless to say, when I randomly decided the other night that I wanted homemade chocolate chip cookies, I had no choice but to make a Target run. Yes, I had to purchase all the staple baking ingredients! Flour, sugar, baking powder…you know, all those things you’re used to just HAVING in the house. Yeah. Those.
Now it would feel official!! First baked goods in my home!! Let me tell you, I was very excited.
So without further ado…
SUGGESTED TIMES TO BAKE, INCLUDE:
-Meeting new people in the neighborhood? COOKIES.
-Family in town for the holidays? COOKIES.
-Moved into a new house and want to break in the kitchen? COOKIES.
-Sitting in your room alone, with no friends or social plans? COOKIES. ALWAYS COOKIES.(What I’m trying to say here, is that baking is always a good idea! No excuse needed.)
- 1 CUP *2 sticks–butter (room temp)
- ¾ CUP–sugar
- ¾ CUP–brown sugar
- 1 TEASPOON–vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 ¼ CUPS–flour
- 1 TEASPOON–baking soda
- ½ TEASPOON–salt
- 2 CUPS–chocolate chips (or in this case, Hershey’s candy bar pieces)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cream the butter, both sugars, and vanilla into a bowl.
-You can do this by hand, which is the route I usually take with cookies. But a stand/handheld mixer is a good option too!
- Add eggs, one at a time and mix well.
- Mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl and then combine slowly into the butter mixture. Stir until all dry ingredients are incorporated.
- If you happen to be using a mixer, I would put that aside for now, and grab your wooden spoon! Stir in your choice of chocolate and just make sure it’s spread evenly throughout.
-Using an electric mixer can sometimes break the chocolate up and crumble it rather than distributing it. No good.
- You now have the option to chill your dough…eat that sh*t by the spoonful (don’t lie to me, you do it too)…or go ahead and bake them! The choice is yours, my friend. No judgement here!
- I rolled mine out fairly small, and got about 50 cookies out of it. (you know, minus the 87 I ate in dough form)
No but really, the amount will differ depending on size, so do with that what you will!
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes.
-I took mine out right at 9, and they were slightly doughy in the middle. If you do this, and then let them cool, they’ll stay chewy longer, and won’t get all crispy.
Unless you’re into that. Then bake until your heart’s content!
AND THAT’S IT!! VOILA!! WE ARE DONE!!
Easy, simple, and absolutely delicious. If you like a good ole classic chocolate chip cookie like I do, go ahead and try these out for yourself!! Add your own twist–nuts, M&Ms, bacon…the possibilities are endless!:)
If you enjoyed THIS delicious treat–you’ll love my “Perfect Cinnamon Rolls”!! My famous recipe, right here for you to try out for yourself:)
Enjoy, my lovelies…and until next time…